Some of our Victoria favourites include:
- Royal BC Museum – Even if you don’t like museums, don’t miss spending time here. Few museums in the world achieve official “Royal” status. BC’s history is presented in such exciting ways! Your visit should also include one or more presentations in the IMAX theatre.
- Butchart Gardens – Beautiful night and day in any season, this warrants time spent here. Summer Saturday night fireworks or Christmas lights and decorations are world-renowned and should not be missed.
- Whale Watching – With 3 resident large pods of Orca, whale watching is guaranteed to be an adventure of a lifetime. Misty Meadows will arrange for your tour via zodiac or rigid hull with companies having informative naturalists.
- Adrena-Line Zipline Adventure Tour – Soar over the tree tops on this 8 line, 2-hour tour. Safe and thrilling for all.
- Bug Zoo – don't miss getting up close and personal with multi-legged creatures from around the world in a safe, friendly and fun environment.
- Beacon Hill Park Petting Zoo – Your small ones will love interacting with peacocks, alpaca, pot bellied pigs, goats, and the pony at this timeless Victoria landmark. Don't forget to take in the goat stampede.
- Botanical Beach – Take your family and our Misty Meadow guidebooks, drive to Port Renfrew and walk 20 minutes to the richest tide pool area on the coast. Explore hundreds of species of intertidal life.
Victoria has so many wonderful restaurants that it is hard to make decisions. Here are our favourites:
- Four Mile House – As the restaurant located closest to Misty Meadows, our guests love eating at this 150 year old roadhouse with its great food, beautiful year round patio and quiet atmosphere. Many guest return several times during their stay.
- Cafe Brio–is rated one of the top 100 restaurants in Canada and is a favourite downtown restaurant for a special occasion. Local farm produce and wild seafood is fresh and impeccably prepared.
- Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub–is our favourite casual waterside eatery. Take the Harbour ferry, eat on the balcony and enjoy the bustling harbour.
- Blue’s Bayou Cafe–waterfront on the dock in Brentwood Bay, the cajun creole menu is always delicious and exciting.
- Ten Acres–This “farm to table” restaurant is one of the original “100 mile diet” establishments. What they don’t grow and ethically raise on their own 10 acre farm, they proudly source from other, like minded farmers + food purveyors.
Year round for the golfer in the family, there are three public golf courses within 20 minutes drive of Misty Meadows. Each unique and challenging; the scenery cannot be beaten. Check out their fees and schedules.